Liver Protec - 90 CP by Montiff
Sale Price: $45.50
You Save: ()
Free Shipping on orders of $150 or more
Liver Protec - 90 capsules by Montiff
Liver-Protec contains important compounds that support liver function, increase essential Glutathione levels, help detoxify harmful substances and protect against free radical damage.
Each capsule of Liver- Protec contain the following ingredients: d-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate 120 mg., Silymarin Extract 250 mg., Quercetin Di-Hydrate 175 mg., Alpha Lipoic Acid 50 mg., Calcium D-Glucarate 225 mg.
DIRECTIONS: Take 2-4 capsules per day, or as needed, as part of a daily nutritional program.
RECOMMENDED TO ENHANCE STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION RELATING TO NUTRITIONAL NEEDS AND DEFICIENCIES PERTAINING TO:
- Enhancing liver function
- Protecting healthy cells from free radical damage
- Stimulating Glutathione production
- Helping to detoxify harmful chemical substances
- Providing liver support against damage from alcohol
- Stimulating new liver cell production
The liver is the largest organ in the body and is responsible for detoxifying harmful substances in the body, including drugs, pollutants, alcohol, chemicals and other foreign matter. The liver also has many other functions. It converts digested food into proteins, fats and carbohydrates and stores sugar as glycogen. It also manufactures cholesterol (80% of it used to make bile), and substances necessary for clotting blood. There are two types of malfunctions manifesting in liver problems. One type involves malfunctions of the liver cells, such as Hepatitis or Cirrhosis. The other malfunction is caused by obstructions of the bile flow through the biliary tract, which transport the toxic elements out of the body into the blood stream and eventually excreted in the urine. These obstructions are caused by gall stones or cancer. The ingredients in Liver -Protec help support healthy liver function and help prevent against oxidative damage to healthy liver cells.
THE BENEFICIAL INGREDIENTS IN LIVER-PROTEC ARE:
SILYMARIN EXTRACT: Silymarin, which comes from the milk thistle plant, has three flavonoid molecules and is considered to be an important hepatoprotectant. It stimulates new liver cell production, as well as replacing damaged liver cells - acting on both hepatic stellate cells and myofibroblasts. It also acts as a strong antioxidant, helping to prevent free radical damage. It has been shown to increase Glutathione in the liver, which is responsible for detoxifying many chemicals, such as lead, mercury, cadmium and arsenic and alcohol, as well as protecting against tetrachloride & galactosamine. Silymarin is beneficial for liver function and provides liver support in relationship to cirrhosis, chemical or alcohol induced fatty liver, and hepatitis.
ALPHA LIPOIC ACID: ALA is a potent antioxidant, which helps protect against free radical damage. It also helps increase Glutathione in the liver, which is important to detoxify heavy metals, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide and other chemicals and harmful substances. Tobacco and especially alcohol deplete Glutathione levels. The painkiller acetaminophen can also deplete Glutathione, which is why there have been warnings not to take this painkiller when consuming alcohol. This combination can cause a serious reduction of Glutathione resulting in severe problems to the liver. There is a constant demand for Glutathione in the body, especially during illness, and Alpha Lipoic Acid is one of the best sources for enhancing its production.
d-ALPHA TOCOPHERYL SUCCINATE: Various forms of vitamin E are known to be effective antioxidants, protecting healthy cells from free radical damage. d-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate is an important form of Vitamin E and has been shown to reduce tumor growth in some cancers and works well in conjunction with standard cancer therapies.
QUERCETIN DI-HYDRATE: A bioflavonoid found in onions, tea, green leafy vegetables, beans and red wine. It induces hydrogen peroxide apoptosis and protects DNA from oxidative free radical damage. Studies suggest it may have an effect on tumor cancer growth.
CALCIUM D-GLUCARATE: A form of glucaric acid, a natural compound found in the body with detoxification properties. It helps by detoxifying harmful carcinogenic pesticides, such as DDT and Atrazine. It also inhibits Beta-Glucuronidase, an enzyme in the intestinal tract. High levels of Beta-Glucuronidase are associated with common duct gallstones and certain cancers.
- Packer, Lester, Ph.D., Colman, C, The Antioxidant Miracle, 1999.
- Bustamonte, J., et al Alpha Lipoic Acid in Liver Metabolism and Disease”, Free Radical Biol. & Med., 1998.
- Sosin A., MD, Jacobs B., PhD., Alpha Lipoid Acid, Nature s Ultimate Antioxidant, 1998.
- Beatty, E., O Reilly J, England, et al., Effect of Dietary Quercetin on Oxidative DNA Damage in Healthy Human Subjects”, Br. J. Nutr. 2000.
- Hayashi A., Gillen A., Lott, Effects of Oral Administration Of Quercetin Chalcone and Modified Citrus Pectin”, Alt. Med. Rev., 2000.
- Ishikawa Y, Kitamura M., Anti-Apoptotic Effect of Quercetin: Intervention in the JNK and ERK Mediated Apoptotic Pathways”, Kidney Int. 2000.
- Ginter E., The Role of Antioxidants in the Prevention of Tumors”, Bratis Lek Listy, 1995.
- Wiseman H. Dietary Influences on Membrane Function: Importance in Protection Against Oxidative Damage and Disease”, J. Ntr. Biochem, 1996.
- Karger, S. Base, AG, Lipopolysaccharides and Beta-Glucuronidaise Activity in Choldochal Bile in Relation to Choledocholithiasis”, International J. of Gastroenterologhy, Digestion Abstract, 437, Vol. 58, No. 5.
- Walaszek Z., et al., Metabolism, Uptake, & Excretion of a D-Glucaric Acid Salt and its Potential Use in Cancer Prevention”, Cancer Detec. Prev., 1997.
- Shadiz, L., Rice E., Evaluation of (beta) Glucuronidase Assay for the Detection of Escherichia Coli from Environmental Waters”, Canad. J. Micro., 1991.
- Clinical Studies with Silymarin: Fibrosis Progression is the End Point”, Hepatology - to the editor, Feb. 2001. Vol 33, No.2.
- Berkow R. MD. Beers, M, MD, Fletcher A, MB.,B Chir., the Merck Manual of Med Inf., Merck Research Lab., 1997.
- Kline, K. et al, Vitamin E Succinate: Mechanisms of Action as Tumor Cell Growth Inhibitor. In Nutrients in Cancer Prevention and Treatment.”, Humana, 1995.
- Edwards, Ken, D.C., Nutritional Supplements…Just For The Health of It, 1998.
- Ferenci, P. Therapy of Chronic Hepatitis C”, Wien Med. Wochenschr, 2000.
| Serving Size:
Servings Per Container:
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|d-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate||120IU||200%|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||50mg||*|
|*Daily Value Not Established|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate.|
Liver-Protec contains important compounds that support liver function,
Increase essential Glutathione levels, help detoxify harmful substances and protect
against free radical damage.
Succinate 120 mg., Silymarin Extract 250 mg., Quercetin Di Hydrate 175 mg., Alpha Lipoic
Acid 50 mg., Calcium D’Glucarate 225 mg.