Resbid (N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine) - 60 CP by Ecological Formulas
Sale Price: $14.20
You Save: ()
|Qty||1 - 2||3 - 5||6 - 11||12+|
Resbid, N-ACETYL CYSTEINE-NAC, (NAC) - Ecological Formulas, Cardiovascular Researchis a derivative of the amino acid cysteine. Originally developed by scientists at Mead Johnson, it has been used for more than 30 years to reduce upper respiratory mucous secretions thus to help with a variety of upper respiratory ailments. It works by cleaving certain chemical bonds found in mucous.
NAC also provides immune support. A double blind 6 month study in the elderly showed NAC significantly reduced the frequency, severity, duration of flu-like episodes. NAC supports liver detoxification pathways (phase II glucoronidation.
Low cysteine levels are often found in HIV patients. They have been found to be helped by NAC, which protected against mitochondrial DNA damage, which in turn decreased the replication of the virus.
NAC may be used to:
- Decrease chronic sinusitis, chronic middle ear infections, symptoms flareups.
- Help emphysema, other chronic obstructive lung disease symptoms.
- Useful with liver disorders.
- Protect against alcohol, tobacco, auto exhaust, other chemical toxicity.
- Protect against the side effects of some chemotherapy agents, radiation treatment.
- For a precursor to increase your body's levels of glutathione.
- Treat Tylenol overdoses.
1 twice daily with meals. 1 three times daily with more severe problems. May be used safely in children. Those less than 60 lbs should only take 1 daily.
| Serving Size:
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|N-Acetyl L-Cysteine||500 mg|
|*Daily Value Not Established|
|Other Ingredients: Methocel, Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide.|
Resbid contains a bioavailable form of the essential amino acid, L-Cysteine. The time release form is well-tolerated by sensitve individuals.